Over the last 3 months the City and your delegated club representatives have been working closely together to steadily transitioning the winter sports into the new Centennial Park Sporting Precincts. The City of Albany acknowledges this work and thanks you for your continued efforts to support the transition.
The new precincts provide a range of parking and travel smart options to assist participants with accessing their sporting fixtures. During the transition phase the City has relaxed infringements across the precinct and ALAC carparks whilst participants become familiar with the new layout. The City has informed community about the changes in the following methods:
1. Installation of additional “no parking” signage.
2. Email notices to all club delegate reps informing them of the restrictions and alternative parking options.
3. Notice in the Advertiser (running for one month) informing them of the restrictions and alternative parking options.
4. Rangers have been conducting patrols to educate community on the changes.
5. The mobile noticeboard has been located on North Road educating the community parking in a safe and legal manner.
6. The new Pavilion and ALAC carpark(P5) is now open until the 30th September. Please note the footpaths have not been laid and there is no entry to ALAC from the carpark. This will be remedied once work recommence later in the year.
Please be aware that when you return from your holiday break that Rangers will be on duty and in the future infringements may be given in both the ALAC carpark, the Lotteries House car park and Centennial Park Sporting Precincts - in particular Campbell Road and North Road.
Sporting fixtures are busy time for pedestrians and vehicles. Always take extra care and remember the following key points:
· Park Safely even it means walking further to the sporting fixtures.
· Observe all parking signs. They are planned for you and your children's safety.
· Never Double Park as it puts children at risk.
· Model safe and considerate behavior for your child - they learn from you.
· Always park and turn legally around the precinct. Avoid dangerous maneuvers such as U-turns and three point turns.
· Always give way to pedestrians.
· The Lotteries House carpark on North Road can only be used by authorized Lotteries House tenants, please do not park here.
It is important that parking guidelines across ALAC and CPSP are supported by the community that our children and community members are safe whilst they enjoy their sporting fixtures.
2015 Pink Week
Over $8000 was again raised for the McGrath Foundation so thank you to everyone that participated
2015 Season Has Finished
The season is once again over. Congratulations to all our winners of the Leagues, Cup and Fairest & Bests. The roll of honour can be seen under our Juniors tab at the top of the page.
Also listed are our six worthy nominations for Youth Award of Excellence